Thursday, July 28, 2016

Journal Cover with Note Cards

I made this journal and stationary keeper for a beautiful friend of mine that loves journals and card making. I was inspired by the journal cover I found in my 100 Pretty Little Projects book. The size that was in the book was entirely to small for what I was thinking so I ended up drafting my own pattern.
The fabric is a deep red linen and a quilters cotton from Joann Fabrics. I used the fancy elastic that is used for making baby head bands for the closure and the pen holder. And the fun rose is a button I also found at Joanns.
I made it large enough to hold twelve 4.25"x5.5" cards with envelopes and a standard size composition book. Knowing my friend I'm sure that notebook will be transformed into something amazing.

I decided that she is so special that I would make handmade cards. I let my Cricut do most the work and cut the monogram from the Fontopia cartridge and keep the rest simple by just mounting it to a double matte. I used my new favorite cardstock, the Neenah 140lb white cardstock and the Neenah creative collection which has the perfect colors in 12"x12".
I really enjoyed making this gift. It gave me the opportunity to do the two things I love best. And there is nothing better than knowing it will make a dear friend happy.

Thanks for stopping by the nest!
Darla

I have no paid sponsorships so all the products I use and opinions I express are completely my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment